• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Beer with a cheat meal once a month

Th3manmurph

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Haven’t drank in probably 5 months never been a big drinker
Just set a state power lifting record last week on
625 sust
450 mast
300 dhb
Absolutely loved this cycle
I’m not your average beer belly powerlifter I’m more of a bodybuilder at heart I stay lean have a 6 pack do a body building six day split I just bench heavy on chest day squat heavy on quad day and deadlift on hamstrings day

Any ways how negative is it to have a beer or 2 or 2 shots one time a month with a cheat meal typically I go get a steak and potatoes or like 3 sushi roles
Some friends wanna go out this weekend and celebrate but idk like I said I just don’t normally drink my performance and looks are always more important

If you keep it that minimal I can't see it doing a serious negative. Alcohol in your system is poison - your body immediately stops working on all your other shit to process it out. I've heard of coaches giving bodybuilders a shot of alcohol like night before shows and stuff to aid in drying them out. Long as it stays 2 a month I wouldn't worry man. Unfortunately for me 1000 is never enough and 1 is too much. Had to give it up entirely. I'm starting to consider trying a non alcoholic beer to get a little more social on some trips out with a few friends. I miss the taste of that occasional Guiness.

If you keep it that minimal I can't see it doing a serious negative. Alcohol in your system is poison - your body immediately stops working on all your other shit to process it out. I've heard of coaches giving bodybuilders a shot of alcohol like night before shows and stuff to aid in drying them out. Long as it stays 2 a month I wouldn't worry man. Unfortunately for me 1000 is never enough and 1 is too much. Had to give it up entirely. I'm starting to consider trying a non alcoholic beer to get a little more social on some trips out with a few friends. I miss the taste of that occasional Guiness.
Fair warning they bloat u just as bad bro

if you are a normal person and go to the gym once or twice in a month, you can't expect your body to change and look like that of a Greek god.
if you have a good, healthy life, eat properly, train...two beers a month won't do anything to your body and your results

if you are a normal person and go to the gym once or twice in a month, you can't expect your body to change and look like that of a Greek god.
if you have a good, healthy life, eat properly, train...two beers a month won't do anything to your body and your results

Well put

625 sust
450 mast
300 dhb
I’m not your average beer belly powerlifter I’m more of a bodybuilder at heart I stay lean have a 6 pack do a body building six day split I just bench heavy on chest day squat heavy on quad day and deadlift on hamstrings day

Any ways how negative is it to have a beer or 2 or 2 shots one time a month with a cheat meal typically I go get a steak and potatoes or like 3 sushi roles
Some friends wanna go out this weekend and celebrate but idk like I said I just don’t normally drink my performance and looks are always more important
Once a month won’t hurt you at all. Go have some fun! 👍

If you don’t compete then of course one day a month is fine.

Enjoy life man. If you’re anal about it you can just have less calories the rest of the day to buffer the alcohol and extra food, but have fun.

Guinness did just come out with an NA Guinness, Guinness 0. Taste is pretty spot on.

625 sust
450 mast
300 dhb

Dont sweat the little stuff brother. 2-4 drinks per month wont change anything. 💪😎

Stick to clear liquor, moonshine, vodka, tequila, easier on your body and no calories.

Except the 7 calories per gram :)

I always compensate Some carbs threw the day on a cheat meal day to where I’m only like 100 grams of carbs above my normal daily intake specially if I’M dropping into a weight class in the offseason I’m just like fuck it let’s get that metabolism cookin
And like let’s say I go get a burger with some sweets potatoes fries I’ll sub that out for my 96 lean ground beef meal or I get like some sushi I get the cleanest role the salmon avocado and sub that out for my salmon meal so keep it in the ball park just with taste lol

I always compensate Some carbs threw the day on a cheat meal day to where I’m only like 100 grams of carbs above my normal daily intake specially if I’M dropping into a weight class in the offseason I’m just like fuck it let’s get that metabolism cookin
And like let’s say I go get a burger with some sweets potatoes fries I’ll sub that out for my 96 lean ground beef meal or I get like some sushi I get the cleanest role the salmon avocado and sub that out for my salmon meal so keep it in the ball park just with taste lol
Exactly, you just incorporate it in your daily macros.

Exactly plus why over due it and feel like shit I think that definitely defeats the purpose
I look at it this way. Even if that one day slightly did set you back...the mental break, feeling like a normal person and having a good time allows you to it the other 29 days super hard. Makes you want to get right back and crush, which will surpass any negatives from that cheat. As long as the cheat is reasonable like 1 meal with a few drinks. Not an all-out binge, which I know you aren't referring to. Also, I know my wife appreciates me being normal once in a while going out and not tracking my macros and be a weirdo. lol

It's like people in prep. Yeah, we set refeeds for mostly body comp reasons, but some guys need that 1 day every 2-3 weeks to stay on course. No harm done and actually will reduce cortisol in some cases.

I look at it this way. Even if that one day slightly did set you back...the mental break, feeling like a normal person and having a good time allows you to it the other 29 days super hard. Makes you want to get right back and crush, which will surpass any negatives from that cheat. As long as the cheat is reasonable like 1 meal with a few drinks. Not an all-out binge, which I know you aren't referring to. Also, I know my wife appreciates me being normal once in a while going out and not tracking my macros and be a weirdo. lol

It's like people in prep. Yeah, we set refeeds for mostly body comp reasons, but some guys need that 1 day every 2-3 weeks to stay on course. No harm done and actually will reduce cortisol in some cases.
Yeah I think that’s a big part of cheat meals to is taking your lady ain’t and enjoying life once in awhile because honestly she puts up with enough of my shit normally doing 2/3 comps a yeah

Back