• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Off Season Log

i started doing my hamstrings standing in the lying machine. seems to be a good movement, i can keep my knee free to come back a little bit at the top of the contraction. one leg at a time.
I do them on the leg extension, don't know why I didn't think about that. Has to be a Hammer Strength leg ext though, I've tried a few others and it doesn't quite work

I do them on the leg extension, don't know why I didn't think about that. Has to be a Hammer Strength leg ext though, I've tried a few others and it doesn't quite work
oh i never tried it on the extension. i only like the top half of the movement bottom half feels wrong at the back of my knee

Pull friday, wasn't home so didn't log it

Legs today was good. Surprised by the hack squat since it was third pressing movement. During prep I was moving 4 plates for 8 and it was directly after a non intense Bulgarian split squat warm up\

What would you guys sub out for Lying DB hamstring curls. Tried to set it up and just looked like an idiot when I couldn't figure it out lol

Legs

Smith squat wide stance
275 lbs x 10
255 lbs x11

Leg press wide stance
330 lbs x9
290 lbs x14

Hack squat
4 plates x11
3 plates n 35 x11

Adductor rest pauce
230 lbs x17, x9, x7

quad stretch

Seated Ham curl
Cybex machine, couldn't get on HS
full stack x 9, 1 plate less than full stack x12

Glute bridges
50 lbs x12
50 lbs x11

Walking lunges
BW x20
BW x18

Single leg toe press
150 lbs x13, 130 lbx x12, 110 lbs x12
My kinda volume 🥹 Great log so far

I've always been a low volume high intensity guy, but after working with Dusty Hanshaw I've grown to appreciate some volume at max effort.

Thanks for following man!
Wait like the Dusty?! From Think Big??? Fuck man you’re official… 🥹

20 minutes cardio + 10k steps since I got called into work. Not bad.

Decided I'm going to work with Skip Hill for this off season and potentially a show next year, if I have added enough size. I would like to at least have a chance at getting a ticket to nationals next time I compete. Going to start working with him in a few weeks as I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks in a week

Get Shredded!
20 minutes cardio + 10k steps since I got called into work. Not bad.

Decided I'm going to work with Skip Hill for this off season and potentially a show next year, if I have added enough size. I would like to at least have a chance at getting a ticket to nationals next time I compete. Going to start working with him in a few weeks as I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks in a week
Skip just moved to my city

Great choice in Coach Skip! He will have you more than ready.

Solid workout today. Everything increased by a good bit in reps.

PUSH 1
High incline machine
2 plates n 5 lbs x12
1 plate n 35 x11

Flat DB press
95 lbs x8
80 lbs x10

Close grip bench
225 lbs x6
185 lbs x8

Pec dec
175 lbs x12
130 lbs x15

Chest stretch

Seated DB lat raises
27.5 lbs x18
22.5 lbs x17

Lying DB Skull crushers
45 lbs x7 Left wrist started hurting second rep and could support the weight on 7th
Skipped second set

Tricep rope pushdown 3 fail points step in each fail
135 lbx x18

Abs 1 minute rest
HS ab crunch
100 lbs

Solid workout today. Everything increased by a good bit in reps.

PUSH 1
High incline machine
2 plates n 5 lbs x12
1 plate n 35 x11

Flat DB press
95 lbs x8
80 lbs x10

Close grip bench
225 lbs x6
185 lbs x8

Pec dec
175 lbs x12
130 lbs x15

Chest stretch

Seated DB lat raises
27.5 lbs x18
22.5 lbs x17

Lying DB Skull crushers
45 lbs x7 Left wrist started hurting second rep and could support the weight on 7th
Skipped second set

Tricep rope pushdown 3 fail points step in each fail
135 lbx x18

Abs 1 minute rest
HS ab crunch
100 lbs
no vbar pushdown on day 1 or 2? 😮 it was ur go to for like 2 years

Glad to see youre still cranking away.

How did your rebound go?
So far its been ok definetly added more fat than I should have and I attribute that to being weak willed and letting my food focus dictate shit since, "Im not competing I can eat". But I am going to work with Skip Hill first week of June and get to work.

I saw your sitting at a solid 250 looking good man. Any plans to compete after the wedding?

So far its been ok definetly added more fat than I should have and I attribute that to being weak willed and letting my food focus dictate shit since, "Im not competing I can eat". But I am going to work with Skip Hill first week of June and get to work.
I did the same shit man, i didnt respect the rebound and i paid for it.

i was up like 25lbs in the week and a half post show and spent the next 3-4 months getting it back off and cleaning up. that was the most uncomfortable ive ever been.

Thats exciting as fuck, im a big fan of skip, id imagine he is pretty expensive.

I saw your sitting at a solid 250 looking good man. Any plans to compete after the wedding?
Thats the plan for now, We want to start a family right away, so naturally i need to come off everything to make that happen.
so tentative plan for now is cut this blast a couple weeks before the wedding in September, cruise through till the end of our honey moon in November, then slam the fertility protocol until something sticks.

After that, if i hold onto good size through all that we will probably scale back up and try to get a show in before the 3rd trimester, otherwise we will take the time during the pregnancy to scale back up and go into a prep once all the craziness of a new baby settles down.

I did the same shit man, i didnt respect the rebound and i paid for it.

i was up like 25lbs in the week and a half post show and spent the next 3-4 months getting it back off and cleaning up. that was the most uncomfortable ive ever been.

Thats exciting as fuck, im a big fan of skip, id imagine he is pretty expensive.
Im not looking forward to it, but I'm going to assume Im going to have to hit a mini cut right when I get back from Germany and start working with Skip. Should be able to push past 220 lean for the first time though so itll be worth every second of it.

For an off season plan his prices are less than what I was paying for Dusty a month. Prep is a little steep but to work with skip its well worth the price.

hats the plan for now, We want to start a family right away, so naturally i need to come off everything to make that happen.
so tentative plan for now is cut this blast a couple weeks before the wedding in September, cruise through till the end of our honey moon in November, then slam the fertility protocol until something sticks.

After that, if i hold onto good size through all that we will probably scale back up and try to get a show in before the 3rd trimester, otherwise we will take the time during the pregnancy to scale back up and go into a prep once all the craziness of a new baby settles down.
Awesome man. I look forward to seeing what you'll bring to stage this time. Your last package was pretty impressive as is, this ones going to be insane.

How are you feeling at 250 so far?

How are you feeling at 250 so far?
honestly great.
250 now feels like what 230 felt like last year. as long as i keep my BP under control and dont put on too much BF my QOL stays good.
Sleep apnea stays away, training feels good, heart and lungs feel good.

if i get even a little sloppy all of that goes down the drain, especially the sleep

Pull day. Think I finally got my bicep issue figured out. Overhand pulling and bicep isolation aggravates it but this work out worked well

DB pullover
90 lbs x7
80 lbs x12 or 13

Supinated lat pulldown
190 lbs x9
175 lbs x10

Rack pulls
365 lbs x6
335 lbs x8
315 lbs x9

Seated cable row triple drop narrow grip
190 lbs x9