Three month cycles not necessary?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rep Points

Three month cycles not necessary?

So recently former bodybuilder/wrestler/actor Ric Drasin posted a video of himself and bodybuilder Rich Piana sitting down to discuss some bodybuilding topics.
    Towards the end of this video around 20min or so, Rich Piana says something along these lines...
    "You're always trying to trick the body, that's how you get constant results. So whatever it is that your taking and you're taking this, this, and this for 3months, you're only going to see results for about 4 weeks..the other two months are a waste of time, money and your doing more harm to your body. I dont know too many that do this, everybody runs a 3 month cycle and pyramids up and down."

This isn't his exact words but I think I got pretty close..anyways it seemed like to me Piana was implying that the 3month cycle is not necessary.
    Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=fs51G73bcS8
    (I'm posting from my phone so don't know if link will work if it doesn't just type rich Piana speaks out on training and supplements on YouTube)

Check it out guys let me know what you think, maybe I'm not understanding what Rich is trying to say?!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Rep Points

He could have meant a few things: 1) what you suggest; a very short cycle is the way to go. 2) That when running a longer cycle you need to vary doses and compounds in order to keep gaining.
    I only use compounds verified for proper composition and concentration through spectroscopy conducted in a sterile laboratory.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by GSRacer View Post
    2) That when running a longer cycle you need to vary doses and compounds in order to keep gaining.
    this just seemed like common sense to me, the body will adapt to anything even steroids. Its a quick fix, though: add in a steroid oral/inject or raise dose.

Plateaus will always happen

Rep Points

^^^^^this is probably exectly what he meant....witht that said for those who compete pro/amature need to be on cycle more than they are off in order to keep gains thay get....your body is only programed to hang on to so much muscle...and without proper diet and optimal hormone levels your body will just get rid of any extra

Rep Points

i don't know about a month though. at least 8 weeks...

McBain
    SUPER MOD

Rep Points

Well of course, the speed at which you gain will decrease as the cycle goes on, as you maintain your dosages. But that doesn't mean we should stop doing 12 week cycles. You can see great results for all 12 weeks if you front-load or kickstart with a shorter ester.
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" -Jimi Hendrix
    PM me if you have any questions!

Super Moderator
    SUPER MOD

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MovinWeight View Post
    i don't know about a month though. at least 8 weeks...
    This is what I was thinking-I doubt 4 weeks would do much -but I have never tried-OD

Rep Points

Indeed.. I understand you can change things up and keep making gains on 3month cycle
    But what has me scratchin my head is, can u see great results from only 4weeks? ..seems like a really short amt. of time to make any noticeable gains

Rep Points

Yea..I get good results from the 8 wk cycles i do

Gr Anabolic
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

I know some people will disagree with me on this one but that's why every four weeks I up the dose of test that I'm taking. I think it was Rainer or Tgunz that posted a great article months back about this. I'm not sure....

http://www.granabolic.net/

The meaning of life is not simply to exist to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer...

-Arnold Schwarzenegger-