IronMag Research Chems

DRUG TESTING and DETECTION Questions

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    McBain
    SUPER MOD

Rep Points

DRUG TESTING and DETECTION Questions

Q: I have to take a drug test for employment/joining the military. What about my AAS use?
    A: AAS/Peptides aren't tested for. The test is (99% of the time in these situations) a SAMHSA-5 test (see here for info - http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/...ng_info1.shtml ), which is only for recreational drugs. Tests for steroids are prohibitively expensive in these situations and won't be carried out. See DJQuirk's info here ( http://anabolicsteroidforums.com/sho...ll=1#post19626 )
    EDIT: I've received numerous rumors about "random" tests being carried out in all branches of the military for steroids. Don't be a target for a "random" test - hide your things well and keep your mouth shut. Exercise caution.

Q: I'm an NCAA athlete/in an athletic league that tests OR someone squealed on me to my CO and he wrote me up for a special drug test.
    A: You're fucked.

Q: In regards to special tests for AAS. What are the detection times?
    A: Stick with TNE/Aqueous Testosterone or peptides if you don't know the test dates (unless you're some kind of Professional/Olympic athlete who gets exotic/designer steroids, in which case, consult your team "chemist" )

Detection Times for Various Androgenic/Anabolic Steroids, and other compounds of interest.
    Compiled by Rainier (AnabolicSteroidForums.com)
    Compound Detection Time
    Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca-Durabolin) 18 months
    Nandrolone Phenylproprionate (Durabolin) 12 months
    Boldenone undecyclenate (Equipoise) Methenolone enanthate (Primobolan)
    Trenbolone Acetate (Finaject/Finaplix)
    4-5 months
    Testosterone enanthate
    Testosterone cypionate
    Sustanon
    3 months
    Methandienone - Oral (Oral Dianabol)
    Oxymetholone (Anadrol)
    Fluoxymesterone (Halotestin)
    Mesterelone (Proviron)
    Stanozolol - Injectable (Injectable Winstrol)
    2 months
    Stanozolol - Oral (Oral Winstrol)
    Oxandrolone (Anavar)
    3 weeks
    Clenbuterol 4 days
    Testosterone Suspension 1-2 days
    Detection times will vary based on the individual, the above are general approximations.

Q: Can AAS usage be deduced from a standard blood panel, e.g. levels of estrogen, cholesterol etc.
    A: With 1) "Bodybuilding dosages" (as opposed to low TRT doses) and 2) a legitimate product being used, testosterone usage will be very clear on a standard blood test. Average test levels for most people are usually in the 300-800 range. It won't take a genius to realize that somebody with a test levels of 1350 (or off the scale above 1500, as is the case for most people) is juicing.
    If you're for some reason only taking non-testosterone AAS, testosterone levels won't be increased, but these can still "show up" in other ways. With many steroids, estradiol/prolactin will be much higher than the range for males (if AIs/prolactin inhibitors are not taken), and cholesterol values will be very negatively affected (lower HDL, higher LDL).
    Very low LH and FSH are also good indications that someone may be "shut down" from juicing. Orals will often affect liver enzymes negatively, which might show up as out of range also.
    Of course, it is important to consider past blood tests, which if available, will provide a "baseline" for what are normal blood levels for that person (e.g. has your estradiol doubled since your last blood test? That's a red flag. If someone's estrogen has always been very high though, that's a different story altogether).

EDIT 1: August 25. Added question.
    EDIT 2: Added detection times
    EDIT 3: Linked DJQuirk's post on military testing

PM me with questions you'd like answered and I'll edit them into this original post. This is a work in progress.

Last edited by RAINier; 02-08-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" -Jimi Hendrix
    PM me if you have any questions!

McBain
    SUPER MOD

Rep Points

Added detection times. Keep the questions coming, guys.

Rep Points

They only test for juice if there is probable cause and the action needed to make this test happen needs to be requested by your unit commander. They can't just pull you out of formation one day and say "you're getting big so we're going to test you for roids." The commander has to do paperwork to get it going and he's the only person that can do it. If your squad leader thinks he can just pull you aside and test your juice then you know he's an idiot.

1. Probable cause. Getting bigger is not grounds for probable cause so any lawyer worth a shit could get you out of that even if you pissed hot.

2. Cost. Normal army drug tests cost about $8. Roid tests are about $250. So they don't just do them for the hell of it. The commander has to justify to his command the reason for the expenditure and his reasoning will be examined by JAG. "he just got bigger" won't fly as a reason to do the testing. These tests are usually only done when people are found in possession or are caught selling or something. Don't talk about it. Don't sell it. And don't act like a badass when you get bigger.

Also the tests for roids require 60mL of urine. Twice the amount needed for a normal drug test. So if they're telling you that you must FILL the bottle then you know it's time to do some housekeeping after the test if you know you're going to come up hot. When they get back a positive for juice the first thing they'll do is have CID search your room so clean it out ASAP. Pissing hot is one thing, possession is another. Google search: UPL Commanders handbook and AR 600-85.
    Last edited by RAINier; 09-07-2012 at 10:23 PM.

McBain
    SUPER MOD

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by djquirk View Post
    They only test for juice if there is probable cause and the action needed to make this test happen needs to be requested by your unit commander. They can't just pull you out of formation one day and say "you're getting big so we're going to test you for roids." The commander has to do paperwork to get it going and he's the only person that can do it. If your squad leader thinks he can just pull you aside and test your juice then you know he's an idiot.

1. Probable cause. Getting bigger is not grounds for probable cause so any lawyer worth a shit could get you out of that even if you pissed hot.

2. Cost. Normal army drug tests cost about $8. Roid tests are about $250. So they don't just do them for the hell of it. The commander has to justify to his command the reason for the expenditure and his reasoning will be examined by JAG. "he just got bigger" won't fly as a reason to do the testing. These tests are usually only done when people are found in possession or are caught selling or something. Don't talk about it. Don't sell it. And don't act like a badass when you get bigger.

Also the tests for roids require 60mL of urine. Twice the amount needed for a normal drug test. So if they're telling you that you must FILL the bottle then you know it's time to do some housekeeping after the test if you know you're going to come up hot. When they get back a positive for juice the first thing they'll do is have CID search your room so clean it out ASAP. Pissing hot is one thing, possession is another. Google search: UPL Commanders handbook and AR 600-85.
    Link added to the FAQ!
    Last edited by RAINier; 09-07-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Rep Points

[QUOTE=RAINier;15595]Q: I have to take a drug test for employment/joining the military. What about my AAS use?
    A: AAS/Peptides aren't tested for. The test is (99% of the time in these situations) a SAMHSA-5 test (see here for info -

I do the drug testing in my unit and the guy that gave us the class on how to do it probably couldnt tell you what a peptide was. Even when we did the section on steroids they were never mentioned once.

The regulation that covers the military drug testing program is AR 600-85. There's no restrictions on who can see it, just google: AR 600-85. That's how I found out that it's easy to get away with juicing in the service,

I will tell you one very important thing though. And this is crucial. If you live in the barracks, DISPOSE OF YOUR TRASH PROPERLY!! Keep everything together until the weekend and then throw it in a trash can OFF post. When the trash collectors come and a bags rips and a bunch of vials and needles fallout first people they will call are the MPs. They will come and notify CID (they're like the army version of the FBI) who will fingerprint everything. You are then officially fucked. CID are federal agents so any charges they bring against you will go to federal court.

Getting rid of all your trash correctly is vitally important

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Very nice Rainier. One of my friend was blasting and cruising on Test e + Deca and had to do blood test, and what he did was pulled the blood out from his twin bro and switched blood serum at the lab quckly. Passed the test like a boss

Rep Points

^^^Nice one!

Rep Points

spam
    Last edited by GSRacer; 10-14-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: spam

Board Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by steroidsforu View Post
    spam

Rep Points

Cool Stuff