• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Avoiding 5-AR inhibitor and keeping hair???

Rayjay

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I know it's a long shot. I bought dutasteride hoping to stop hair loss but I don't think I will ever take it after finding some extremely disturbing information about sexual side effects that can continue long after discontinuing the drug, possibly permanently...

What direction should I go in future cycles to reduce the impact on hair loss? Low test dosage along with EQ??? I read that EQ tends to be easier on the hair. I had decided to stick with Test blasts and use dutasteride but now I'm not willing to risk it. Need to re-think this whole thing

Wouldn't a cruise dose around 200mg/week nandrolone be hair friendly? I've seen conflicting info on nandrolone and hair loss.

Don't worry about the sexual side-effects. They occur in a ridiculously low percentage of people (I think it's around .1%). Just make sure you are taking the proper dose (whatever the bioequivalent of 1 mg of finasteride QD), and not the high dose that is used to treat prostatic hypertrophy. This class of drugs is wonderfully effective at preventing and reversing hair loss, so don't let sone scare stories turn you off.

I took propecia (finasteride) for 10 years, btw.

Just as GS said the percentage affected by serious side effects is very low, but yeah you're taking that small chance. Enough folks have been afflicted to dispel the denials by the drug companies so it appears to be a miniscule but real risk. You have to weigh that against your near-certain hair loss otherwise. Same with taking AAS btw... you might get unlucky with one of the rare but terrible sides, like severe infection, heart or liver issues, etc. Risk/benefit.

FWIW I've been taking finasteride for the last 15 years with no issues, and it slowed my rate of hair loss to near zero. Still have normal hair in my mid-40's, after showing some thinning in my early 20's. I'd definitely be bald on top by now otherwise.

Ok well that helps some. I only went a couple weeks at 500mg before coming back down to 250, basically cutting short my blast, to figure out the hair thing. Now that I have some testimonials maybe I can consider that option instead of scrapping it completely. I still have really nice hair that my wife likes very much, so if I can keep it I would like to. It used to be crazy, like twice as much as most people have. But I also had low T for yeeears. Now it's "normal" hair with some thin areas at the crown and front hairline...

on the bright side, I asked if she'd rather have me muscular and fit or have a full head of hair and after saying "both" she said the fitness and muscles would be her choice.

Decisions decisions..........

Have you guys had any experience with the mental fog or depression side effects?

Have you guys had any experience with the mental fog or depression side effects?

Not me but maybe I haven't been paying attention. Occasionally I go a few weeks without finasteride just to see what happens and haven't noticed anything, short term anyway.

Ok well that helps some. I only went a couple weeks at 500mg before coming back down to 250, basically cutting short my blast, to figure out the hair thing. Now that I have some testimonials maybe I can consider that option instead of scrapping it completely. I still have really nice hair that my wife likes very much, so if I can keep it I would like to. It used to be crazy, like twice as much as most people have. But I also had low T for yeeears. Now it's "normal" hair with some thin areas at the crown and front hairline...

on the bright side, I asked if she'd rather have me muscular and fit or have a full head of hair and after saying "both" she said the fitness and muscles would be her choice.

Decisions decisions..........

Nope. And there definitely isn't an inverse, linear relationship between testosterone levels and the number of hairs on your head, as it sounds like you think there is. If you have the genes for MPB, you will lose it eventually, even with the best pharmacological treatments.

Nope. And there definitely isn't an inverse, linear relationship between testosterone levels and the number of hairs on your head, as it sounds like you think there is. If you have the genes for MPB, you will lose it eventually, even with the best pharmacological treatments.

Yeah after my recent experiences that IS basically what I thought... So you're saying I'm doomed anyways

Back